Mobile marketing is the future of marketing, as experts say. Today people are spending more time on mobile, be it playing games or browsing for some serious purposes, than ever before. It’s simply because of the digital age we are living in, that there is a surprising rise of mobile marketing strategy. Mobile marketing means any strategy that connects advertisers to consumers through the use of mobile devices like phones, media devices, tablet computers, PDAs, portable gaming consoles etc.
Since people, now-a-days are seen glued to their smartphone screens, not implementing some kind of mobile advertising means you trail behind. In simple words, mobile marketing is any promotional activity or advertisement that is designed for reaching customers through cell phones, smartphones or other handheld devices. Presently SMS messaging is the most common mobile advertising channel; others being app-based marketing, in-game mobile marketing, mobile image ads, QR codes, location-based marketing, mobile-search ads etc.
- Short Message Service: Although considered somewhat passé, short message service or SMS is still an integral part of advertisement. It is sending text messages to a customer’s phone number.
- Location-based service: It means detecting the geographical area the user is connecting from and then sending advertising messages relevant for businesses in that area.
- Quick Response (QR) codes: Once the users scan these codes, they are taken to a particular webpage that has the QR codes attached to it.
- App-based marketing: App-based marketing involves mobile applications. Apps are significant to both marketers and consumers. Besides creating their own company apps, advertisers can create mobile ads that appear within a third party’s mobile app using services like Google AdMob.
- In-game mobile marketing: If you are addicted to mobile games, you know what banner pop-ups, video ads or full-page image ads are. These appear between loading screens. So ads appearing within mobile games are another advertising strategy.
In the marketing landscape, mobile marketing has suddenly become an important strategy. More consumers than ever are using their devices to make purchases. As a marketer, it’s better to implement some of the best-proven practices like mobilizing email ads, making your company website mobile responsive, using the phone to get more reviews and creating a mobile app in your advertising strategies. To sum up the whole picture, it can be said that mobile marketing is here to stay.