Sure smartphones and other smart gadgets are a delight to use. Be it for convenience or fun, these gadgets are simply taking the world by storm. According to recent reports, more than 2 billion people use smartphone across the globe. This huge number is enough to prove the growing significance of mobile app development. And mobile app developers are finding numerous reasons to remain glued to the edge of their seats.
As we are nearing the end of 2016, let us examine what is trending in the app development sector:
- Internet of Things (IoT) is already playing big in technological circles: According to a recent tech report, more than 53% of all app developers are already engaged in connecting the world through IoT. You may be unaware of the term but not the IoT inventions like Google’s self-driving cars. Although the development of apps for IoT is still in the nascent stage, considering the massive shift in digital technology, it can be predicted that Android and iOS will give utmost importance to it.
- Cloud is ruling the market: Cloud’s compatibility features are helping the mobile app developers immensely even in 2016.Thanks to cloud computing, applications can be delivered to a whole range of devices. From retaining the small size of apps to syncing those across various devices, cloud’s benefits are truly recognizable.
- Swift is turning heads quite swiftly: Swift, the big programming language from Apple is gaining a lot of traction. Swift helps developers write reliable code right from the very beginning. However, although many mobile app developers find it easier than Objective C, it is not going to replace the latter in the near future. Swift is terrifically faster. With the release of the latest Swift 2, app developers are enjoying the new features and all these are enough to forecast that the new, big language is definitely here to stay.
- Location-based services are in vogue: Think how wi-fi usage makes our life easier? Now think what if wi-fi services are no more restricted to the confines of your rooms, hotels, hospitals or restaurants? With the emergence of Beacon technology, that is integrated location-based technology, the usage of applications is rising and proving to be of immense help in providing people with relevant information. Apple has embraced this technology with its iconic iBeacons.
- Wearable Technology is the new ‘in’ thing: If you think wearable technology is limited to healthcare and fitness industry as shown to the world by Apple’s Nike+ smartwatch, you are way far beyond reality. Wearable technology is experiencing growth in fashion and textile industries also.
The word ‘mobile’ has surpassed the purpose for which it was invented, probably. It has surpassed our imagination and changed the way we live. Smartphones, tablets, wearables, environmental sensors and other mobile technologies have become part of the biggest tech revolution since the advent of the Internet and Personal Computer. And quite aptly entrepreneurs are taking the advantage of this big revolution to keep the pace with the changing trends. So far, 2016 has been a year of excitement as many mobile application trends are faring well like those mentioned above.