For startup entrepreneurs, building business is a big deal. Marketing strategies, competition, profits and what not- they are surrounded by clouds of tensions and worries. According to Forbes, only about 300 of 600,000 businesses, that are launched annually get funding from venture capitalists (VCs). That comes to a poor .05% only. Bootstrapping remains a problem and companies worry about every penny spent. As such, new entrepreneurs need to depend much on marketing strategies, that too digital marketing strategies.
In a situation where new companies are launched every day, a startup entrepreneur needs to emphasize on marketing operations that focus on effective digital technology, brainstorming techniques and seamless processes. You cannot be so naïve in this age to stay away from digital marketing solutions. To help you, here are some tips to use digitization into your marketing strategies:
- Mobile optimization strategy generates revenues: Today websites are designed in a mobile friendly format in coherence with Google algorithm. As per the Google announcement on Adwords blog, mobile search has surpassed desktop search in USA and Japan, besides many other countries. Yet to be convinced? Take the example of mobile shifted startups like Uber.
- Digital marketing is affordable than traditional marketing strategies: Putting online video content, blogs or articles, internet banner ads, social media marketing- is it costlier than traditional marketing methods like TV ad or print campaign? It will reach more customers in a less time. Since money matters, you can count on this, really.
- Digital marketing brings engaging customers: Through digital marketing, you can engage audiences/customers by making social media campaigns. Rather than selling, engage with customers- ask them questions, provide answers and thank them for their opinions. Again designing an interesting website that will make viewers connect with the business is a great way. People who see real events of the company on its websites are likely to get more attracted towards the company.
- Apply Search Engine Optimization methods: Gone are the days when you could fool Google. Your SEO experts need to be aware of Google’s Panda and Penguin algorithms, to improve the chances of your website getting the top rank. What’s better than applying the most-effective organic search methods for your startup?
- Go slow with social media advertising channels: As a new entrepreneur with limited or no budget, keeping in pace with technology may be daunting. Take small steps. Use Facebook and sponsored Tweets for improving people’s engagement levels and LinkedIn’s Sales navigator for identifying contacts and leads.
To set apart from the big sharks, new entrepreneurs must realize the power of digital world bandwagon. After all, digital marketing increases the chance of new client acquisition, customer retention at an accelerated pace, brand visibility and therefore will help you see more results in making your market fit right for your products.