In this digital era consumers are exposed to innumerable new products, innovations and services daily-thanks to digital marketing. There have been some major changes in digital marketing, as anticipated by many digital marketers and analysts. Although 2016 is yet to get over, but taking a look at the trends prevailing throughout the first half of the year, we can make a list of the top 5 digital marketing trends.
- Use of live video streaming to connect to interested audiences: Since most people like to watch videos with the improvement in technology and mobile connectivity, it will be an important part of digital marketing strategy. Certain apps are there to help you live stream videos from your phone and share it with your target audience. Users can interact and comment on the videos.
- Content is still the king: The king still sits on his throne. Even if there has been the advent of some innovative digital technologies, content marketing remains the leading force. Research findings reveal that 88% of B2B organizations use content marketing. And among these, 78% have increased their rate of content creation compared to last year. Again from the consumers’ point of view also content is important. 90% of the consumers that were involved in the research studies reveal that they prefer customized or personalized content and not out-and-out advertising.
- More space for interactive content: Many companies are now spending hefty amounts on digital marketing as compared to what they used to spend on television advertising. Today’s consumers are smart and they want more integrated and interactive, marketing approach. Interactive content is way more effective than ordinary photos, videos or texts; since you can connect with targeted groups in engaging ways. Consumers are using Snapchat, Periscope, Instagram for marketing and following the trend, social media giants like Facebook are also making their platform and service more interactive.
- Consumers become the marketers: We would certainly believe a close friend, colleague or relative when they review any product or service after using those. If the product or service is good, we might start using that. Now many companies are focusing on this strategy to multiply their revenues. When companies use and share their own customers’ reviews and experiences, other customers are more likely to get attracted. Different platforms like Pinterest, Youtube, Instagram etc. can market your products.
- Email marketing: We probably think that with the advent of mobile, email marketing may have seen its death. No, that’s not true. Email marketing is certainly there since we find our inbox loaded with new marketing messages every day. There is the need of making email marketing better and one of the ways to do so is by using segmented email campaigns.
- Mobile marketing: Mobiles have overtaken desktop in many countries. According to various research findings, the number of smartphone users will be nearly 2 billion consumers worldwide. With mobiles, consumers can be made aware of any product or service wherever they may be at any point of time. Since mobile marketing has a number of personalized features, it can be used as a medium to connect to consumers easily.
Besides, using various apps like gaming apps, Snapchat for marketing, advertising to users through Instagram or other social media platforms and using Identity-Based Pay-Per Click marketing are some of the strategies trending on digital media in the current year.