Are you an SEO enthusiast trying to rank your website on the top pages of search engines? Are you experimenting different tricks to bring traffic to your site? Search Engine optimization is important for businesses to market their services and products and form a huge customer base. According to hubspot.com, an average of 12 billion web searches are conducted in the U.S. every month. From this data alone, the importance of SEO can be understood.
SEO helps your company get visibility and customers. Traffic can be driven to your site in two ways- organic and paid. Whether you use the organic source or the paid one, you always want your website to be on the top pages. Although the search engine rankings change from time to time, a SEO enthusiast will like to try tricks to bring the best results. So what are the latest trends that an SEO newbie should be aware of?
- Using social content for maximum visibility: How many of us read contents from social media like Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn? Many of us, right. A huge number of marketers are using social media to improve their SEO rankings. You must find and use social media content for optimizing your content or page.
- Using optimized images: If a page takes too much time to load because of big images, it irritates us, and on many occasions we leave the page to visit another. One ‘quick hack’ for improving your site’s performance is to optimize images. You must tell your designers or content creators to check image sizes and use tools like WebPageTest or Developer Tools that is already built into the Chrome browser.
- Directing your home page’s link authority to the main, informative pages: A website’s home page is the most important page since it attracts more links compared to other pages of your website. As an SEO beginner, you must learn to distribute any home page’s link authority to the website’s most essential pages. Prominent links in the body of a page attract more users than navigational links, because the readers can find the best information quickly and easily.
- Using Video SEO: Since Google has started viewing mixed results or searches as important, it’s important to use video as a tool to keep audience entertained. According to various research websites, the organic page ranks of videos are 50% better as compared to simple, bland text content. So marketing with the help of video SEO will surely yield business-driven result.
- Using notable keywords before your competitors: Take the help of social media and forums to uncover important keywords before your competitors seize the opportunity. Choose such words to fit into your site’s content. Those keywords will be the answers to the related, common questions which your readers or audiences will type. So those keywords will ultimately help you in bringing traffic and page ranking.
Other than these, using voice search function, creating optimized landing page, making a website mobile friendly and increasing the SERP listing visibility are some hacks that a SEO newbie should try out for better page ranking.