Email marketing is not going away anytime soon. But many companies have stopped incorporating new ideas into their email marketing strategies. Email marketing is one of the oldest and successful digital marketing strategies around. So marketers take this old standby for granted, many times and forget to improve it.
An email marketing effort is a vital part of your overall marketing program and business plan. You use email channels to market your products and/or services taking into consideration your target customers/users, their interests and benefits they are looking for and the type of strategy that would suit the particular type of customers/users.
Here are some interesting ways to perk up your email marketing strategy that would help you in organically growing your list and increase the number of subscribers:
- Consider using simple newsletters featuring meaningful, interesting content. Use free tools like Tinyletter to write newsletters in hassle-free ways.
- Use GIF to enhance your email. With GIFs, you can advertise in never-before-seen ways. For example, if you want to promote the upgraded version of a newly launched photo editor app, create animation showing the contrast between the older product and its upgraded version.
- Insert videos sparingly to increase engagement. With HTML5, it is possible to embed videos in emails. Videos can be best used for product demo.
- Create a dedicated subscriber page that allows a customer to click on a link that will take him/her to the particular page, you want them to visit. You create a brilliant page and get it published; after that you can use the link on your Facebook page bio, Twitter profile or Pinterest Pins.
- Email marketers must get email data under control. If customers receive the same old email again and again, they unsubscribe easily. So marketers should reach for ways to gauge ‘email fatigue’.
- People who are sending emails must be very familiar with the marketing principles, primarily the rules of good data management and integrity to avoid sending irrelevant emails. Repetitive emails may lead to the worst consequence like major email providers blocking the organization.
- Treat email marketing as value exchange. Now-a-days, consumers ignore commercial emails all the more since they have multiple accounts to manage. Every email should be thoughtfully created and special offers, useful information and event invites should be judiciously included and sent.
- Social media can be the best weapon as far as building email lists is concerned. For example, if any user wants to login to your site, he/she has to use their social logins. In this way, you will be able to get their email addresses and some demographic information as well.
Even though email has been losing its importance amidst the current social networking trends, it will probably never go away completely. If revising the email strategies as part of your overall business plan profits you, why not bring back the old world charm of the 90’s?