2016 is nearing its end and going by the trends it can be said that the year has already left countless new opportunities for digital marketers and advertisers. Whether it is a startup or an established business, companies are trying new trends every day and many times, finding it a bit intimidating to follow the changing pace.
So “What’s Hot” in the online marketing arena? Which are the biggest trends that are giving most uplift to businesses? Here are the top trends dominating in digital marketing:
- Mobile marketing: Consumers are happily shifting from desktop to mobile for their own convenience. Mobile phones are getting smarter and easier to use. The smart generation just loves everything displayed on their phones. Companies are now designing mobile websites, apps and formatting other major aspects of their business mobile-friendly.
- Ever increasing popularity of Mobile Application: App-based marketing is the rage and it’s here to stay. Users rely more on apps than traditional desktop websites. Companies are developing mobile apps on priority basis for driving engagement.
- Content marketing is still dominating: Although not a new trend, content marketing is still quite effective. In the advent of new and exciting digital technologies, most B2B organizations are still content marketing for describing their products/services and advertising those, as well.
- Connecting with the audience through live video streaming: Video streaming is one of the leading trends settling into the thick of this year. As a business owner, you can grab customer’s attention and make them a part of your brand experience through Live Q & A, new product releases and by providing a sneak peek into behind the scene activities. More businesses are using apps like Meerkat and Periscope to connect with audiences from mobile and share the same with their Twitter community.
- Customization: Every customer wants personalization. As such, more and more online marketers are pushing their creative and technological limits in order to provide personalized experiences to their customers.
- Wearable technology: The way today people are using digital tools and technology for maintaining their health is simply amazing. Digital marketers are taking advantage of this phenomenon as they integrate this need for being fit with wearable apps; for example, ‘Healhkit’ developed by Apple in partnership with Nike.
Although there are other online marketing strategies, these are the top ones dominating in 2016. Consider all these a part of your broader marketing campaign.