Every business with a presence in the World Wide Web must understand the need of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). SEO is the way to make your site rank as high up as possible on search engine result pages. Your website is an important aspect of your business and increasing its appearance in web visitor’s search result findings is equally essential.
Today businesses hire firms or consultants for intense SEO work to improve traffic to their websites.
But if you want to deviate from this trend, you might be interested to know some simple SEO techniques to see a big difference as to how your website is ranked.
Basic SEO Tips for your business success:
1. SEO requires a lot of patience and commitment: Before applying any technique, you must learn about algorithms tweaks. It may take months to see results.
2. Learn about hyphens and underscores: Use hyphens between words for better readability. Don’t use underscores in URLs, better stick to hyphens.
3. Use anchor text for inter-links: If possible, avoid using ‘there’, ‘here’ for anchor text; go for the right anchor text for inter-links.
4. Design a really brilliant website: Have you tried every technique to make your website one of the 10 best websites in the related business fields? A great website eases the effort of showing up on the first page of search results.
5. A befitting, catchy title and meta description: Focus on title that is unique and contains words, terms that are relevant to the content. The meta description tag must contain relevant keyword(s).
6. Keyword researching is the key: No SEO for driving good traffic to your site can be complete without keyword researching. Use free or paid versions of Keyword Discovery or WordTracker to find the relative volume of one keyword to another. In the process, don’t forget Google’s AdWords Keyword Tool.
7. Create substantial content in great style: Content duplication and rephrasing is not rare. Write any content using your own word, style. Research a lot before writing. Great content must be written based on the keyword research done earlier to target actual words searchers use and updated regularly.
8. Use sub-directors in place of sub-domains: Sub-domain is treated as an altogether different domain. Use sub-directors for better results.
9. Don’t ignore images: Don’t forget to optimize your images. Create alt tags and write description in them.
10. Try search engine tools: How about signing up for Bing Webmaster Tools, Google Webmaster Central and Yahoo Site Explorer to update your knowledge? You will see how the search engines view your site.
Besides, researching your target audience/readers, improving the site to drive local traffic, updating sites with fresh content blogs and using social media marketing strategies are some great SEO tips for your business growth, without adhering to high-levels SEO consulting.